Instagram currently has over 600 million active users. With such number, it is an excellent way to start promoting your business. In this article, we will go through how to use Instagram stories to drive traffic to your business. 20% of Internet users are on Instagram, and 150 million of them use Instagram stories daily to share their lives. These tips are targeting this sector.
What exactly is an Instagram Story?
Think of it as a documentary about your daily life. What time do you wake up? What is your morning routine? Do you drink glass of water as soon as you get up? Perhaps you Meditate? Workout? If you travel, you can add even more exciting details. If you sell a product, you can demo your product. If you run an e-commerce business film what goes on in the back end of the business.
Simply start capturing those little moments throughout your day.
Your Instagram Story and your Business
This kind of story does not exclude what you are doing around your business. You can share what is happening with your brand. There are no rules. You can throw in a promotion .. a deal or even a giveaway offer.
When you deliver an offer, remember it doesn’t have to be perfect, make it look natural and don’t over sell. Instagram stories is not like QVC type of platform, sure sell your product in a friendly laid back approach. Instagram stories are meant to be off the cuff, relaxed, funny, not high-pressure sales type of videos.
General Tips when Using Instagram
Here are some useful tips when using Instagram. Make use of them when designing your communication plan for your Instagram Campaign:
- Ask the users to reply instantly to your Instagram stories via a private message.
- Deliver value, as it is how to engage your audience.
- Do not look for perfect videos (or posts). An Instagram Story is supposed to be spontaneous; therefore, it will be more realistic.
- Do just a little or even no Show your true colours in all your videos.
- Promote games that engage people in your story.
How to create an Instagram Story?
An Instagram story lasts 24 hours only. It is meant to provide a glimpse of information about you and what has gone along during a day. You can publish a set of various images. Make sure they are sequential so that each story has cohesion and makes sense.
Due to the 24-hour life of Instagram stories, they are perfect to deliver special offers. The short longevity can be used to your advantage. When you post an offer, make sure you write a strong call to action. It should clearly state that it is a limited time offer to that specific Instagram story. Once the story is gone, the offer will be gone as well. Do not repeat offers or it will lose its power. You will be expected to give the same sort of discount or benefit if you repeat the giveaway.
How do you create a captivating story?
A captivating story should draw the attention quickly. Here are some tips to make your stories astonishing, so that everybody loves reading them. Your followers will be looking forward to what you will come up next day.
- Giveaways and special offers are always welcome.
- Ask challenging, intriguing, or controversial questions to your audience. This is dependent on your niche. Ask yourself which sort of questions your audience enjoys answering?
- Publish a real-life true story. Don’t be afraid to show your brand as real people working for your clients.
- A demo. This will promote your brand and your products.
- Everybody loves information. If you are giving away tips, make sure they are pro tips. Your audience will love them.
Chose which of this advice suit best to your brand. To create stories on a daily basis, we recommend you to work on a schedule. Think of it as a segment on a diary. For example, you can have “Wednesday Tips.” On that particular day, post pro tips for your followers. After a few weeks, everybody will be looking forward to Wednesday, just to read to your pro tips.
Who is doing it?
Various companies are already engaged with Instagram stories. Some of the most important brands that chose this type of communication are E! News and NBC Olympics. Both companies are telling the most important things that happen in their niche. That is how they take advantage of this tool and at the same time promote a brand.
There are other companies, brands, and brandable people who are using Instagram stories too. For example, Aritza is a cloth brand that promotes its style through Instagram stories. The site Travel and Leisure plays with the idea of traveling. It uses Instagram stories to post a new place and let its followers guess where it is. This is an innovative way to promote traffic to their site, as they engage in a conversation with their audience. Generating indirect interest has proved to be beneficial to this line of business.
Step By Step:
- Log into your Instagram
- Tap on the plus button found on the top-left side of your home screen or swipe left in your Feed. You can also quickly launch Stories by swiping right from the main screen.
- Tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take photos or tap and hold to record a video. You can also choose to start a live event, boomerang or put the app in handsfree mod. More on those options in a minute.
- Edit the photos or videos with text or add a drawing as you normally would. If you hit the pen icon, there are three types of pens. The third one makes your sketch look like a neon sign.
- Tap Done to save your Story.
- Tap the Add Your Story button to share to your Story. You can also tap on the Save icon to save your image or video on your phone. If you click the Arrow icon, you can shoot your image to one of your friends as well as your Story. Just tick the bubble by Your Story and the person you want to share with. The image will disappear as soon as your friend sees it.
I want to challenge you to take action and create your first Instagram Story. Yes, your first story will likely be a disaster but after a few attempt you’ll start understanding the interface and sooner or later you’ll start being able to produce valuable content for your audience.
Don’t forget to please share this article if it was of value and check out our blog at www.shopidd.com and reach out to us anytime if you have any questions email@example.com.